I saw this photo on Pinterest a few months ago and it really resonated with me, I'm the sort of person who loves to plan everything out and really work towards my goals - so what better time to do this then January?
Every year I set goals both in my business and personal life, and although I've never been super serious about sticking to them and really working towards them, I think as my business grows I'm really seeing how putting my mind to something does reap rewards.
So today I thought I would take a look back at last years goals and start looking at what I would like 2020 to be.
Last years goals were ...
1. SNOW MINI SESSIONS! - Although we never had the amount of snow to do these outdoor sessions I was hoping for I did focus more on my Christmas Mini Sessions last year, which went really well and will definitely be happening again in 2020! .. and fingers crossed if we get lots of snow the mini sessions will happen one day!!
2. SHOW OFF MY ALBUMS! - As I had new samples I really wanted clients to see what they could make with their photographs, and I believe I did that this year by taking them to meetings, posting videos of them on Instagram and reading up on all of the details behind them so I could answer questions easily. I did also have a little photoshoot with one album which never made it to the blog - so maybe that can be a goal for 2020 to share that post!
3. BLOG BLOG BLOG! - Always have the plan to blog more and more each year, and I do feel like last year I blogged more frequently than I ever have - but to build upon that I would love to venture out into different types of blog posts rather than just about shoots and weddings I have done, I'm hoping for lots more wedding planning tips now that I have my own to plan, as well as bringing in other suppliers to be involved too!
This years goals
1. MORE LIFESTYLE SHOOTS - I've dipped my toe into these more natural shoots when doing at home newborn sessions, but after having a family shoot in their home back in November I would absolutely love to do more of these shoots this year!
2. MORE PERSONAL PHOTOGRAPHY - Since throwing myself into professional photography, my own personal photographs have definitely took a back seat! Looking back I only really take my camera with me to our yearly holiday in Devon and nowhere else, so this year I would love to take my camera out more and capture gorgeous photographs of my family and my own memories. This also gives me a chance to share more personal ventures on the blog so you can get to know me a bit more too!!
3. INVEST IN TRAINING - Having done lots of online training, research and courses I would love to take it up a notch this year and focus more on in person training, be it weekend workshops, seminars or one to one training with a photographer I admire - this year I would love to challenge myself into getting better at my craft!!
I would love to hear what you would like to see me doing in 2020, or if you've made any goals for yourself??
Thanks for reading,